Re: ORA-06522- bad magic

From: Tom Best <tom.best_at_bentley.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

There is a bad magic number, in the file. HTH :-). But really... AIX puts a number in the beginning of the file to indicate what type it is. One of them means "executable". So, what this means is that the executable was not linked for this target machine, or it is corrupt. Probably the former. Was it linked on this machine? If not, you may have to do that, or go back to the linking machine and make sure you specify the right compile and link options for your target machine.

HTH,
Tom Best