Re: Question for SQL master

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/17

zyman_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>hello,
>I have 2 tables:
>a (id,name, name_1, name_2)
>and table
>B ( b_id, name_b1)
>
>I have also table
>C ( id, name_c, name_c1, name_c2)
>
>The question is: Could I crete VIEW with structure like table C
 which can
>hold dates form both table (a nad B) thank You.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.
>
>I don't full understand the question. Is there a join between
tables a and b or are they completely unrelated? If so you can do the following:

create view xxxx as select 'table a' as location, id,name, name_1, name_2 from a
union
select 'table b' as location, b_id, name_b1, 'N/A', 'N/A' from b;

Not sure what you really need, but something to that affect might be the answer...

Gavin

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT