Re: DBA daily tasks

From: <vasarpota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

In article <8kvtfc$d6l$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Rayess <rayess_at_mail.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie DBA and I am interested in knowing what are the tasks
 that
> an experienced DBA would perform daily.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1)Check Alert.log daily to make sure no errors
2)Backup Database
3)Analyze Table, Rebuild indexes when needed (every few days/weekly)
4)Create script to easily monitor if datafile limits being reached and
check every few days
5)Rebuild Histograms (if you use them) every few days 6)If new users being added constantly, monitor default user tablespace and user temporary tablespace (to make sure SYSTEM not being used)

Thanks all I can think of now

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT