Re: how to determine cause of deadlock

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

Thanks gavin & jonathan lewis for this discussion. I think I understand this now.

Would it be accurate to say that INITRANS is Initial Transaction (reserved) Space, and MAXTRANS is Maximum trans space?

Should the number for init & max be the same for both tables & indexes on that table?

Thanks again.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:11:35 -0700, gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>Jonathan,
>
>I rebuilt the table and the indexes with a higher initrans value
>(I put both at 100...no scientific method here...just randomly
>picked it).
>
>The application has now been running for 3 consecutive days and
>not a single deadlock has occurred. Now that we've proven the
>solution, I'll go back and try to set a lower initrans value to
>minimize the wasted space.
>
>Who would've thought? Learning something new everyday...
>
>Thanks for your help,
>Gavin

>Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
>Up to 100 minutes free!
>http://www.keen.com

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT