Re: how to determine cause of deadlock

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/17

Jonathan,

I rebuilt the table and the indexes with a higher initrans value (I put both at 100...no scientific method here...just randomly picked it).

The application has now been running for 3 consecutive days and not a single deadlock has occurred. Now that we've proven the solution, I'll go back and try to set a lower initrans value to minimize the wasted space.

Who would've thought? Learning something new everyday...

Thanks for your help,
Gavin

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT