Re: can no longer connect

From: Vik <viklall_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

I am having the same problem. 8.1.6 on 2 NT boxes on an isolated network. App runs for about 4 hours then dies with 'connect failed because target host or object does not exist'. Ping from client works fine, but sqlplus gives the same error when trying to startup. Reboot fixes it.

Any ideas?

In article <8o3pms04e46svjs5kipi25gksv3i6tafvu_at_4ax.com>,   Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com> wrote:
> I have an Oracle 8i database running on a Sun box. I can currently
> and always could get in using SQL*PLUS. We have a third part app that
> connects behind the scenes to the database and allows clients to work
> with the software thru Windows. All of a sudden yesterday they could
> no longer connect. At the end of this message I have the output of
> the sqlnet.log file. Not sure if it's relevant, Any idea what's
> going on? The only difference between now and before is I needed most
> of the drive space for a temporary backup, but there is still a few
> megs free and the space left is not going down any. Thanks.
>
> STeve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT