Re: loading string > 4000

From: n <n_at_m.com>
Date: 2000/07/16

you can use the long data type ( strings can be 2 GB long) nut it has restrictions. (only one long per table, cannot index it, cannot use functions liek substr on it )

or you can use a CLOB data type.

or simply you could slice your string it into several rows and store it in consequent rows. you could write a little stored proc/function to return the concatenated string back ( in which case it can be upto 32K ) strng

-drey