Re: unable to create INITIAL extent for segmentintablespace

From: David Grzebien <dgrzebie_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: 2000/07/16

Assuming the obvious that the tablespace size is still the same prior to the upgrade to Win2000, it appears that what has happenned is the export that you have done was set to compress the extents of the objects into one large initial extent. This is the default behavior of export. There are several way around this.

The first, which I doubt you can do, would be to re-export the database setting COMPRESS=N.

Another option is on the import command. You can build a SQL script of the tables and indexes by issuing the IMP INDEXFILE=filename.sql. This will create a script of the tables and indexes that you can resize and pre-create them in the database. Then you can import using the IGNORE=Y option.

Hope this helps.
Dave