Re: shutdown in svrmgrl is hanging

From: Joachim Verhagen <joachim.verhagen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 2000/07/16

It is easier to use:

shutdown immediate

This will kill all sessions safely. Absolutely necessary if you do automatic cold backups.

By the way, if you wish to restart a session busy with shutdown you can start another session of svrmgrl and use:
startup force

Joachim.

--
Joachim Verhagen (jcdverha_at_xs4all.nl)
WWW http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcdverha/  (Science Jokes)