Re: Inserting 300.000.000 datasets ..

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_richard-schneider.de>
Date: 2000/07/15

Hi,

"Hans-Jürgen Schönig" wrote:

> I have a process that generates about 300.000.000 datasets which I need to
> import into an Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat Linux. Since I don't have the space
> to store and then insert the data I'd like to do this via a pipe (or named
> pipe). Is there any possibility to use SQL-Loader? I tried named pipes but
> all my attempts failed.

Why don't you write a simple perl database client (DBI,DBD/Oracle) which reads rows from stdout and performs the dml? thereby you can control the transactioal behaviour very well, you can log statistics and errors ...

Uwe

--
Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de