Re: Oracle on Linux Justification

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_richard-schneider.de>
Date: 2000/07/15

Hi,

nixond_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I'm looking for case studies to justify to our management why we should
> go with Oracle on Linux. We have the Oracle part nailed down, they
> just aren't so sure about Linux. If anyone knows of any big names or
> are themselves running this combination in a production environment, I
> would be interested to here about their/your environment. Any links to
> web sites or white papers would be appreciated as well.

my employer is one of the biggest web portals in germany. We store nearly all content and even mail bodies for > 1E6 users in Oracle on Linux. Typical sizes are 100 GB for one database.

Oracle on Linux performs very well, is easy to operate from remote and the hardware is cheap.

--
Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de