Re: Designer 6i Installation

From: Silvio Seifert <silvio.seifert_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/07/15

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 13:34:58 +0100, "Pete" <pete_at_nospmkolton.nospmkaroo.co.uk> wrote:

A friend of mine had a similar problem after installing the Designer 6i in the way he installed Designer 6. After checking the installation manual, he stated, that one must install the Designer 6i as the very first Oracle product on the NT machine. So he cleaned up all Oracle stuff including the registry entries (there is a doc on MetaLink how to do that). Then he first installed the Designer 6i, than the database and so on.

Good luck.

>I had an Oracle 8.1.5 EE running on my machine - Windows NT WS 4.0 with SP5.
>
>I had Designer 6.0 running on it with no probs.
>
>I have just tried installing Designer 6i onto the machine and when trying to
>start up the Oracle Service get the error...
>"The procedure entry point kghsstdrv could not be located in the dynamic
>link library orageneric8.dll"
>
>I then decided to use this opportunity to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.6, assuming
>that reinstalling the database would fix any probs.
>Now when I try and start the Oracle service, I get the error...
>"The procedure entry point slzgetevar could not be located in the dynamic
>link library oracore8.dll"
>
>I found oracore8.dll in another oracle home I had set up - tried changing
>oracle home to that before starting up and got a similar error referring to
>oracommon8.dll; although a version of this also appears in the same Oracle
>Home.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>What I will probably do is remove all Oracle products and registry entries
>and start again by installing Designer 6i into DEFAULT_HOME (\orant) and
>then installing Oracle 8.1.6 into a new oracle home.

Silvio Seifert
Foehrer Strasse 34
65199 Wiesbaden
Germany Received on Sat Jul 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT