Re: Export weirdness

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/07/14

it appears that the NOT NULL constraint on col SITE_ID is was not created for some reason.

the PRIMARY KEY constraint (when it is enabled) will not allow any column included in the primary key to contain a NULL.

the output of the SQL*Plus describe command is showing that the column does not have a NOT NULL constraint.

There are several parameters on the export and import that can affect the behavior. One possibility is that the table already existed, and IGNORE=Y was specified on the import.

<kal121_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I did an export from one database to another, so now the
 schemas, data,