Re: how to determine cause of deadlock

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/14

the initrans value on the feature table is set to 1 and the inittrans value on the indexes in that table are set to 2. Both are the oracle defaults and both have a maxtrans value of 255.

I was reading up on initrans in the oracle documentation and it says this:

If the number of concurrent transactions updating a block exceeds the INITRANS value, Oracle dynamically allocates transaction entries in the block until either the MAXTRANS value is exceeded or the block has no more free space.

Is this statement correct? Since oracle should automatically be increasing the number of concurrent transactions up to 255. The documentation also says that the range for maxtrans is 1 to 255, which implies that I can't increase it anymore. Am I screwed here?

Thanks for the assistance,
Gavin

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT