Re: shutdown in svrmgrl is hanging

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/07/14

        When your database hangs doing a shutdown the best alternative is to do a
"STARTUP FORCE" followed by a SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE.

        Startup force does a shutdown abort (which brings the database down instantly) and
then does a startup (which will initiate any rollbacks needed to clean things up after
the shutdown abort). Once your database is up and running again the shutdown immediate
should bring it down within a matter of seconds. Voila! A cleanly shutdown database.

On 7/13/00, 12:38:43 PM, Steve Parker <steve_at_naweb.com> wrote regarding