Re: PRO/C internal buffers

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: 2000/07/14

Kevin Brand wrote:

> I'm getting ORA-1489 and ORA-01801 in a PRO/C application while attempting
> to concatenate table columns into single output string. I believe the limit
> is 2000 characters, which would explain the 1489 error.
>
> I have no explanation for the 1801 error, as I'm not specifying dates here.
>
> What, if any, can be adjusted to allow longer pseudo-columns using dynamic
> SQL?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Kevin

First of all, use indicator variables - religiously!

Secondly, you are apparently trying to perform some type of date conversion but have the mask messed up. Hard to tell because you didn't post any actual code and there are not many of us who are good mind readers. Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT