WEBDB help

From: <sambavan_at_motown.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: 2000/07/13

I went through the webdb2.2 installation doc for solaris. Initially it says that the webdb should be installed in a different home. O.K I get thos and I started to install this under

.../app/oracle/product/wedb/2.2.0

My oracle 8i installation is under

.../app/oracle/product/8.1.6

Now the question comes? When the documment refer to ORACLE_HOME which one should I point to as oracle home.

The next question is when it say set up a TNS alias, I have a tnsnames.ora under .../app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/admin. I also notice a tnsnames.ora, her my question is what should be my TNS_ADMIN. should it be the tnsnames.ora under .../8.1.6/... or .../webdb/...

I'm totally lost with this wague documentation of oracle. Could some one point me in the right direction?

Thanx
-Sam

                 Experience is not what happens to a man, it's
                 what a man does with what happens to him.
                                              -- ALDOUS HUXLEY