Re: How does one exp/imp of table into a different table in the same schema?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

I don't think you can change the table name using export/import. If the old table is being used in production, I would probably want to import the copy into a completely different schema anyway.

You might consider this series of steps:

  1. Connect in restricted session mode to be sure no other users are using the table.
  2. Export the table.
  3. Rename the table.
  4. Import the table that you exported in step 3.
  5. You should now have two copies of the table, but with different names.

You have to be sure that no one is using the table when you execute this procedure. Also realize that any constraints or indexes will remain attached to the renamed table.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are