Re: OEM Won't Discover

From: Ethan Post <epost1NOepSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/12

I was waiting to see if someone else would pick this one up because I don't actually use OEM just the individual components which I can use SQL*Net to connect but from the way you have phrased your question I think you have failed to set somthing up. Getting OEM to work correctly (i.e. remote startup.shutdown, jobs etc...) requires more than just installing Oracle and then installing OEM, you have to be running an Agent that is the go between for OEM and Oracle. In Oracle 8 it is called Oracle Intelligent Agent, not sure what it is in 7.3 but my suggestion is to go back to the manuals and verify that you have installed and configured this other piece correctly.

-Ethan

http://www.freetechnicaltraining.com/article_10.htm http://www.gnumetrics.com

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT