Re: Look ahead 2 rows

From: Ethan Post <epost1NOepSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/12

By ID I mean some sort of linked list.

TBL_HOMES

HouseId:             3
HouseIdAdjLeft:      1
HouseIdAdjRight:     2
Sold:                N

With this design you have an easy way of determing which records relate to which records, what your waying is that you have some method of sorting your cursor which puts homes that are close to each other in some sort of order (I'm guessing street address).

If you do not have the data in this type of format I would write a routine that puts it in this format before I work on it. The ultimate point is that implementing the solution you originally descibed is a very poor way of doing things even if it where possible.

You should think about what you would like the data source to look like if you could have your way then do everything you can to make it look taht way even if you have to assign artificial ids as I have done. Then you have somthing a lot better to work with.

-Ethan

http://www.freetechnicaltraining.com/article_10.htm http://www.gnumetrics.com

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT