Re: Database creation under Solarsi

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/07/11

James,

  While it's not a method that I use, you could always let the Installer program install the default database for you. This is probably the easiest way to create a database on any system. Unfortunately, you'll be left with the defaults that Oracle supplies. Like I said, it's not a method that I use, but it will work.

HTH,
Brian

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> "James" <your_at_attcanada.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Would you guys be kind enough to please tell me everything on creating an
> > oracle database including instance step by step under Unix Solaris, I
 have
> > created
> > databases under NT butnever in Unix Solaris
> >
> > And also if theres way I can get Oracle 8 for Intel Solaris
> >
> > If you know some urls where I can find detailed info on the above -
 could'nt
> > find it on oracle.com
> >
> > Thanks so much for your time
> >

> If you prefer the manual method, no more than
> - determine the oracle_sid
> - edit /var/opt/oracle/oratab to add that sid
> - export ORACLE_SID=<yournewsid>
> - edit a create database script (syntax to be found in the manual)
> - startup svrmgrl
> - connect internal
> - startup nomount
> - spool <anylogfilename>
> - *Say your prayers*
> - run the script
> - spool catalog.log
> - @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql
> - spool catproc.log
> - @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql
> - spool catexp.log
> - @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catexp.sql
>
> All docs are available at http://technet.oracle.com This kind of info ought
> to be in the installation and users guide.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at