Re: "interMedia text" setup problem

From: dg <dag_at_mitc.net>
Date: 2000/07/11

Hi,

You should have a listener enabled. lsnrctl startup or start I guess...

But that ain't all...ctxsys is quite comprehensive, check out http://oradoc.photo.net/ora8doc/DOC/context206/A54628_01/toc.htm

Have fun!

Dimitri Georganas
Origin

halflife_opposingforce <halflife_opposingforce_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
: Dear :

: My config:
: Oracle 8i on NT 4 Server (sp6 applied)

: When I try to create a context index on a table with primary key :
: ctxsys.context;

: I got the error messages :
: ora-29855 error occured in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
: ora-20000 ConText error :
: drg-50704 Net8 listener is not running or cannot start external procedures
: ora-06512 at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
: ora-06512 at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
: ora-06512 at line 1

: Very difficult to find people to have experience on interMedia text. If u
: know, pls help. Your sincere help is much appreciated.