Re: Autotrace

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: 2000/07/11

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Run the plustrce.sql script in %ORACLE_HOME%/sqlplus/admin

I've done that. It still does not work.

What I did first was give SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE to PUBLIC for the PLAN_TABLE owned by SYSTEM. Then I connect as SYS and ran plustrce.sql. Finally, I connected as SYSTEM and granted PLUSTRACE to the logins 'frb' and 'ops$frb'. If I log in as 'frb' I can SET AUTOTRACE ON and everything works fine. If I use a / default login to use ops$frb and try to SET AUTOTRACE ON I get the messages:

SP2-0619: Error while connecting
SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report

So, the difference appears to be whether I use a login with an actual password or a default login. Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT