Y2K bug?

From: Eric Cheng <ycheng4_at_students.wisc.edu>
Date: 2000/07/10

Hi fellows,

I have a question for you.
Please try to run the following command and let me know what you get.

  1. select ename, SYSDATE, hiredate, (SYSDATE-hiredate)/7 WEEKS
  2. from emp

All I got are negative numbers, however are we supposed to get positive numbers? Is this a Y2K bug?
IMO, the current date minus hiredate should be positive numbers. I am using ORACLE8i on Redhat, I haven't tried this on NT yet. Maybe you already ran into this one.
Thanks!

Eric Cheng Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT