another ORA-04091 trigger problem

From: Rob Cecil <rcecil_at_quoininc.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

Hello,
I had a trigger which I just changed from AFTER to BEFORE UPDATE in hopes to clear up the ORA-04091 problem I am having. It did not fix it, and hope that someone on this group knows the fix. Here is my trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER UpdateTrackerHistory BEFORE UPDATE OF responsible_user_id ON action_tracker FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
  INSERT INTO action_tracker_history VALUES

(:OLD.action_tracker_id,sysdate,:OLD.responsible_user_id,:NEW.responsibl e_user_id);
END; Here are the table definitions:

CREATE TABLE KTUSER.action_tracker (
action_tracker_id NUMBER(10) NOT NULL
,process_id NUMBER(10) NOT NULL
,process_status_cd NUMBER(10)
,version_no NUMBER(3) NOT NULL
,action_type_cd NUMBER(10)
,action_txt VARCHAR2(2000)
,responsible_user_id NUMBER(10)
,action_due_dt DATE
,action_completion_dt DATE
,action_note_txt VARCHAR2(2000)
,action_orig_note_txt VARCHAR2(2000)
,source_column_name VARCHAR2(64)
,source_table_name VARCHAR2(64)
,source_any_id NUMBER(10)
,source_screen_no NUMBER(3)

)

CREATE TABLE KTUSER.action_tracker_history ( action_tracker_id NUMBER(10) NOT NULL
,reassignment_date_dt DATE NOT NULL
,origin_user_id NUMBER(10) NOT NULL
,target_user_id NUMBER(10) NOT NULL

)

Thanks

Rob Cecil
rcecil_at_quoininc.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT