Costs of Nested Tables

From: Steve Parker <steve_at_naweb.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

I was hoping somebody could shed some light on this issue for me...

What additional costs are associated with using Nested Tables in Oracle - as opposed to using multiple separate tables. i.e., Instead of having 10,000 tables, have one table with 10,000 rows where each row contains a nested table. (and each of the 10,000 tables might have 100-20,000 rows).

Can somebody give me some pointers as to what costs this will impose, and if this is good design?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT