olog() generarting defunct processes.

From: <psunil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

I have an aplication written in C on Unix (HP, AIX and Solaris platforms). It conects to Oracle database using olog() call. (for all oracle versions > 7.3). It also takes care of reconnecting. While connecting, olog() itself creates new child process and it's owned by 'oracle' user, and it works fine. (Oracle documentation doesn't state that olog() forks.)
But after sometime, I found that, there were some defunct processes created by my application, and I suspect that those were the processes created by olog() functions, as my program doesn't fork any process. I don't want my program to generate defunct processes. This behaviour is same on all above three platforms.

Thanks,
Sunil.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT