Re: Starting ctxsrv on NT automatically?

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/07/10

Offcourse, that will work too. However I think that Lex would like the window to be hidden. I know I would. If you have an open window and one of those MIS guys has to change something, the first thing they do is close the window... That could have nasty consequences... That's why making it a service has an advantage, you can 'hide' the contextserver. However I agree that putting it in the autoexec.bat is also an option. Another option would be to put a shortcut in the 'programs' and then 'startup' submenu, of the startmenu in windows. Just use something you can live with..

HTH, Bastiaan Schaap
Oracle web development,
Desyde BV - Baarn
http://www.desyde.nl/