Re: Oracle DBA Resume

From: Jim Glockling <jglockli_at_bbn.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

In article <0316bc93.36f8df31_at_usw-ex0105-034.remarq.com> Ronnie <ronnie_yoursNOroSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> writes:
>Thanks for all the crititcism.
>
>I was told that i could get help from this discussion group,
>instead i got criticized about my english. Anyway thanks a lot.

You seem to be laboring under several mistaken assumptions. The first is that readers of this newsgroup owe you something. If you ask a specific technical question you'll get multiple prompt answers. Often they'll even be correct answers. ;-). The understanding is that someday you'll help someone out yourself in return.

Moving on, when did criticism become a bad thing? Your lack of fluency in English is a legitimate concern if you plan on working in an English speaking country. If you can't see that this is a liability then you have a larger problem on your hands.

It seems to me that most of the follow-ups were in fact trying to help you, and yet that's not what you seem to be taking away from the thread. Already communication is breaking down. In this venue no biggie, in business where much is at stake it this just won't do.

There are all sorts of Web and print resources to help you write a resume, you should be looking at them and not here. Ultimately you don't want someone else describing who you are and what you do. You appear to be well on your way to fluency, but you're not there yet. Get there and the rest will take care of itself. Good luck.

Just my 2 cents, Jim G. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT