Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: Brad <Brad_at_SeeSigIfThere.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

What I want to know is how the system can still be reliable if one or more servers are down. If the data is inaccessible then how can any query be reliable? I can understand if there is some striping going on, but even then if two machines go down all of the data is not accessible. How can the database as a whole be worth hitting if only one of twelve servers is up (as Ivana claimed).

In article <396A6458.ACB487A_at_att.net>, db-guru_at_att.net said...