Re: help! cannot drop a table!

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/09

  1. You might want to analyze table owner.table_name validate structure cascade to see if any error condition occurs
  2. Generate a drop for every table related object:indexes, views, triggers, and grants. Attempt to truncate the table and drop each grant and then each related object.
  3. If the above does not work then you may want to take the advice in the error message for 00604 and contact Oracle support OR go to metalink and do a search on both 00604 and 01000.

I am not sure why but I remember having recursive errors while attending Oracle training back in 1995 and the problem was a lack of resources. We made a change to our init.ora and I do not think it had anything to do with open_cursors. You might try increasing the shared pool and attempting the drop again. The other parameters that seem to me that might be worth checking would be enqueue_resources and ddl_locks since these are related to object locks and resource management. Per past dealings with support the related error that appears with a 00600 or 00604 may not be the problem but a side effect of the problem. Good luck.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Sun Jul 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT