[Q] circular foreign key constraints

From: Nikolaus Rumm <nikolaus.rumm_at_spamremoveme.chello.at>
Date: 2000/07/09

Hello,

maybe this is a silly question, but my problem is serious:

I have 2 tables, say 'Meeting' and 'Person', that are in a 1:n relationship, where meeting is the 1 side and Person is the n side. So Person has a foreign key constraint on Meeting. So far so good. However, I need exactly one contact person per Meeting, so my approach is to add an additional foreign key constraint between Meeting and Person.

Well, sounds good, but I can't create the tables, as Oracle says that the foreign key referrer is not known.
How to handle this situation ? Should I create the tables separately and add the foreign key constraints manually ?

Any suggestions ?

Thx

Nikolaus Received on Sun Jul 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT