Re: Low Performance, using ORACLE 8

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuch_at_nospamhotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/08

Basically tuning in the oracle environment is split into instance tuning (init.ora, sizing of tables) and statement tuning. All these aspects are greatly covered by Richard Niemiec's book Oracle Performance Tuning (Oracle Press) - highly recommended (see also his presentation for los angeles oracle usergroup, topic Oracle Performance Tuning and Database Administration, at http://www.laoug.org/presentation.htm). I hope you didn't start with that preconfigured database - most settings are beyond real requirements.

Regards

Klaus