Low Performance, using ORACLE 8

From: Axel Pötzinger <a.poet_at_freenet.de>
Date: 2000/07/08

Hi,

using ACCESS as database server in the past, we now tried ORACLE, because performance was not satisfactory at all (low performance when several users where logged on).

We use mfc odbc-classes and database recordsets, getting connection to the database by a microsoft odbc-driver.

First tests resulted in an even slitely lower performance with one client logged on, and a performance only a little higher with some clients logged on.

Question:
Please, please, please give us some hints, what measures can be taken to increase performance remarkably.

Our configuration:
 Novell 5 (Server with 256 MB)
 ORACLE Server 8.0.4
 3 Clients (Win95/98, PIII: 350 MHz/64MB)  Visual C++ Version 6
 Microsoft ODBC-Driver Version 2.573.3711

Axel Received on Sat Jul 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT