Producing BMP Images with Java and Oracle

From: Greg Strylewicz <gstry_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 2000/07/07

My end goal is to create a database function that uses an input to create a barcode which can then be printed. I've got a program that will create the barcode, but it's output is a java.awt.Image and I need a BMP or other lossless format. I've tried loading Java Advanced Imaging API to the database (8.1.6 on Windows NT) but parts of it will not compile and don't produce meaningful error messages. I've tried loading parts of the Java 1.2.2 API and using the JPEGEncoder class, but it uses a canvas to draw and Oracle reports an unauthorized action error. So, any ideas? Also, since the returned image is a long raw, I'm assuming that I'll have a 32k limit - any work-arounds?

Thanks,
Greg Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT