Re: problem shutting down database

From: Bob <meyer_b_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

Using the control panel to stop the service (or issuing a Net Stop command, which does the same thing) is the equivilent of doing a shutdown abort. Probably not the best way to shut down a production database. Aside from that, I need to do it in a batch file run from the scheduler, without user intervention.

Sybrand's advice identified the error. The shuttype parameter should be  "sRVc," and not "sVc."

Thanks,

Bob

In article <Sg895.32254$A%3.414077_at_news1.rdc2.pa.home.com>,   "JC" <justinc32_at_home.com> wrote:
> What about using services in the control panel? Is this a bad way to
 stop
> the service as well?
> "Bob" <meyer_b_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to shut down an Oracle 7.3 (I know, but the owner isn't
> > willing to pay to upgrade) database, under NT 4.0, using ORADIM.
 I'm