Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: Ivana Humpalot <ivana_humpalot_at_nospam.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

"Blair Kenneth Adamache" <adamache_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> You can cross mount disks with shared nothing (also called drive
> mapping). Only one node owns the disk at any time. If the owner node
> fails, the mutual takeover node gets the IP of the failing node, and
> takes over the disk.

Thank you for the info and the link to IBM documentation. From what I understand, MSCS clusters are limited to 2 servers per cluster. So if you have 12 machines you have 6 independent clusters. Isn't this still 6 times less reliable than Oracle Parallel Server?

> Does the 135461 Oracle result on Solaris use OPS?

Yes, it does. Since this is a cluster configuration it has to be using OPS. For further confirmation click on Executive Summary. Under "Server Software" it says "Oracle OPS8i". Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT