Re: Restores using Incrementals

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_nospam.stam.dk>
Date: 2000/07/06

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:31:21 -0700, mkb
<mkb125NOmkSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>I assume that the test db can only be read-only since if
>anything changes, I'll need to retore the full export from Day 1
>and apply the incrementals.
>
>So, is this feasible, or will I have to restore the full exports
>each day?

You can create the test db as a standby server. This can be mounted as a standby server or opened in read only mode.. No problems switching between the two. Only if you _activate_ the standby i.e. 'open read write'
they will separate.

To make the daily update simply copy the archived redo logs from production to test computer and start recovery in standby mode.

Hans Erik Busk
oz1dcv_at_busk.dk

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Thu Jul 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT