Re: database parameter

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/06

select * from v$parameter or show parameter in svrmgr

the column is_ses_modifiable denotes whether or not an alter session statement is allowed (example sort_area_size) the column is_sys_modifiable denotes whether an alter system command is allowed (alter system set log_archive_start = true)
Most values are not modifiable without changing the init.ora and bouncing the database.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA