Re: Allowing a user remote client AND local access

From: Joseph Li <lijoecyn_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 2000/07/06

I think I have tried this a few years ago.

OS authenticated user means OPS$, say the actual username is ops$u1 . So on the Solaris box the user logs into UNIX as u1, then type sqlplus / from the shell prompt.

However the oracle user ops$u1 can also have a password ie. SQL> alter user ops$u1 identified by ...

rgds