Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: Jack Olson <jackolson_at_pop.mpls.uswest.net>
Date: 2000/07/06

In the real world a DB2 EEE system on AIX would use IBM's HACMP for HA. If a machine/node fails, the DB2 instance on that machine fails over to another machine. The disk is multi-ported, like a cluster, to allow the second machine to access it. HACMP supports up to 32 node clusters.

On NT I suppose DB2 would have to use MS Wolfpack.