Need help with defraging tablespace.

From: The NiteFrog.- <nitefrog_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/05

Hello All,

Here is the query to be able to tell you if your tablespaces are fragmented:

select tablespace_name, sum(bytes), max(bytes), count(tablespace_name)   from dba_free_space
    group by tablespace_name
    order by tablespace_name;

Now I know that sum() if the total size of free space left in the tablespace and the max() and count() not to sure. Yes I am a rookie DBA trying to learn th eropes so please bear with me. Then it is mentioned the if the contiguous is greater than 10 to 15 you should defragment the tablespace. So how do you tell? Do you subtract max-sum? I just dont get it.

Thank again,

Kev.- Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT