Re: PL/SQL Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/05

Accept is a sql*plus command, it's not a sql command nor a pl/sql command. I say this just because it's important to differentiate between sql*plus, sql and pl/sql, many people run into problems because they don't know the difference.
That said, there is a dbms_output.get_line procedure, but the only thing I know it's cumbersome to use.
If your pl/sql block is an anonymous block, you should know you can use (there I go again) sql*plus substitution variables/defines in your block. So you can use an accept *prior* to starting your pl/sql block and use &<variablename> inside your code.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA