Re: How can I get index's definition for a table?

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/04

hello phil,

i think what you should be doing is:
select * from USER_INDEXES
select * from USER_IND_COLUMNS

both of these view return you the details of indexes and the fields being used in the index. you could easily join both of these views on INDEX_NAME to get the info about indexes you're looking for.

hope that helps at bit.

regards,

:) ATTA PS: for ALL the indexes in your database you could also check out DBA_INDEXES and DBA_IND_COLUMNS views.

--

getting the meanin' of data...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.