Re: Datablock Corruption

From: Gordy <gdsell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/03

Thanks to everybody that replied.

I have now run dbverf80 on all my datafiles and determined that the only corruption was in the system tablespace.

I have also found Disk error message in the event viewer(under NT) which has confirmed that the disk is at fault. I am in the process of finding another disk as we speak. In the meantime I have made export backups of the database and the database is still up and running.

The reason the table ended up in the system tablespace was because an import process went awry. It is lucky that I do not need the table so I can delete it.

Question: If I delete the table which has the corruption(If I can), does oracle know to mark that block as corrupted and not use it again? I don't want oracle to try to reuse that data block with something important if I delete the table.

Thanks again
Gordy