Re: ASKTOMHOW?

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/03

In article <8jqpno$o6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> writes
>> RE: who_called_me source wanted.
>>

>http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ has it...

Great, thanks.
You found my post pretty quick, fishing is all about the right bait. ;-)
>> I've just been to the asktom site listed in the latest oramag
>> but couldn't see any way to ask tom anything?
>>

>gotta take a break every now and again ;)

Understood, but maybe a "gone for a lie down" message or such like would help people I'm sure.

Another suggestion: maybe a technical rating by question or an advanced area would be useful, in this way newbies won't be scared off and experienced users won't be looking at the same old questions all the time..... Otherwise good stuff.

Steve
P.S
I'm most intrigued by the continued writing to datafiles during backups, that wasn't my understanding. Any chance of digging a bit deeper here? Received on Mon Jul 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT