OS Authentication for NT client over SQL*Net

From: cc <zhangc_at_netcom.ca>
Date: 2000/07/03

By setting remote_os_authent = true I can do OS authentication over SQL*Net for Unix remote client,
eg. on unix box A, which is hosting Oracle server and remote_os_authent = true, I have unix user testA and created database user testA with identified externally. On unix box B with has access to the database on box A via SQL*Net has user testA too. And OS authentication works fine, ie. on box b, I can do sqlplus /@sid. But I can't figure out what I should do if the box b in this case is a NT client. I can't make it work. Do box hosting Oracle server and the remote box have to be the same OS?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck Received on Mon Jul 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT