Re: Modifying tnsnames.ora without using SQLNet Configurator.

From: Troy Meyerink <meyerink_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/07/03

I heard that Oracle Names is eventually going to go away. I would look into using the Oracle Internet File System (iFS), which is currently released for Sun and NT. I haven't used it yet, but it looks like that is what Oracle is going to push.

Troy Meyerink
Raytheon
USGS/EROS Data Center
Sioux Falls, SD