Re: Oracle Nodes

From: <pvinnakota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/03

Same thing happened to me. I had to sift through the documentation and several disjointed error message codes to find that the TNSNAMES.ORA and the LISTENER.ORA were not compatible.
Match the names of the databases and the services exactly. Stop and start the listener.
The start the agent.
This creates three files(snmp_ro.ora, snmp_rw.ora and services.ora). Check for the contents of these files. If the agent did not start properly, the contents of these will be 0 bytes. Till you get content into these files, you have to tinker with the LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA.
Once the agent is started properly, drop the node and re'discover' it. Hope this solves your problem.
Bye,

In article <Xjr75.38896$7I1.625490_at_news1.rdc2.on.home.com>,   "D Parent" <dparent6_at_home.com> wrote:
> O.k this might seem like a stupid question, but I am tired of poring
> through the Oracle Docs. I have a 8i DB running, I have configured
 Oracle
> Enterprise Manager it has discovered the node with no problems but it
 is not
> discovering the DB on the node. How the heck do I get it to discover
 the DB
> so I can perform basic admin.
> I have tried starting every possible Oracle Service, and refreshing
 the
> node, I can send email with no problems. Any advice ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT