Re: Create a view to return multiple rows based on the column values of a single row, How?

From: <hdwiyono_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/03

Just a thought.
Hope this works for you.

create view Month_Feb as
select rownum AS day_of_the_month ,
p1.First_Date_Of_Month+rownum-1 AS date_of_the_day from period p1, period p2, period p3
where
p1.First_Date_Of_Month = '1-FEB-2000'
and rownum <= p1.Number_Of_Days;

select * from Month_Feb

     2>
DAY_OF_THE DATE_OF_THE_DAY

---------- --------------------
         1 01-FEB-00
         2 02-FEB-00
         3 03-FEB-00
         4 04-FEB-00
         5 05-FEB-00
         6 06-FEB-00
         7 07-FEB-00
         8 08-FEB-00
         9 09-FEB-00
        10 10-FEB-00
        11 11-FEB-00
        12 12-FEB-00
        13 13-FEB-00
        14 14-FEB-00
        15 15-FEB-00
        16 16-FEB-00
        17 17-FEB-00
        18 18-FEB-00
        19 19-FEB-00
        20 20-FEB-00
        21 21-FEB-00
        22 22-FEB-00
        23 23-FEB-00
        24 24-FEB-00
        25 25-FEB-00
        26 26-FEB-00
        27 27-FEB-00
        28 28-FEB-00
        29 29-FEB-00

29 rows selected.

In article <8jgtpl$9t3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   adamvt_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> OK! SQL Gurus, here is what I have:
>
> - Say I have a table, eg Period, whith two columns, eg
> First_Date_Of_Month (date) and Number_Of_Days (integer). For every
> month there is only on entry in it which are the date of the 1st day
 of
> the month and the number of days in that month. eg:
>
> First_Date_Of_Month Number_Of_Days
> 01-jan-2000 31
> 01-feb-2000 29
> 01-mar-2000 31
>
> And here is what I would like to get:
>
> - A view, eg Period_View, which will produce me the follwing result
> based on the row in the above table:
>
> SELECT day_of_the_month, date_of_the_day FROM Period_View WHERE
> First_Date_Of_Month = '01-feb-2000';
>
> day_of_the_month date_of_the_day
> 01 01-feb-2000
> 02 02-feb-2000
> .
> .
> 29 29-feb-2000
>
> Is this possible? If so how?
> Thanks for any help!
> Adam.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT